29 December 2005

I'm addicted to Rachel Ray...

I have joined in the media frenzy over Rachel Ray and I'm hopelessely addicted. For those who have not seen the news, talk shows, etc. lately...Rachel Ray has been a media craze due to her cooking show on the Food Network channel called 30 Minute Meals. I believe now she has up to four shows and several cooking books published. I started watching her in November and I'm so addicted. I anxiously look at any stores that sell books looking for her 30-Minute Meals cookbook, I TiVo her show everyday and just upped it to keep 10 shows at a time.

Tonight was my first night to actually prepare one of her meals. (Besides her five-minute fudge and hot chocolate for Christmas - but that doesn't count). I'm proud to say that I successfully made Crustless Chicken Pot Pie and Apple Pie without the Pie! Fairly easy dish to make but was looking for something healthy. I actually cooked with real white wine, a bay leaf and hold on to your chair - fresh ginger root! Wow, not that is some heavy cooking for me. I'm the typical "Betty Crocker" in a box kind of girl (unless I'm cooking pasta of course). But, I must say it was LOTS of fun and my hubby loved it. Tomorrow on the menu is Salmon burgers with Ceasar Slaw topping. I can't wait!

Thank you TiVo and thank Rachel Ray!! (My friend Robin would be so proud of me).

No comments: