24 October 2005

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Recently, since Claire has been a little more mobile - crawling around, climbing stairs, pulling herself up on everything, etc. Victoria has been a little bit jealous. This is because Mama has been all over Claire twenty-four seven - holding her so she doesn't crack her head open on the ceramic tile floor, picking her up, moving her, not to mention still feeding her bottles, changing diapers and rocking her to sleep.

So, with all the attention Claire is receiving right now Victoria has been showing a little resentment towards her baby sister. You know the usual sibling things, patting her too hard on the back, accidently pushing her into the floor (face first I might add) so Mama has been disciplining her quite a bit.

This weekend was like no other, Claire was getting attention, big sister pushed her, Mama punishes Victoria. I guess Victoria had enough and went downstairs to tell Daddy that, "she wants Claire to go back into Mommy's tummy"!

Can you believe it? I guess John and I will have to work on giving Victoria some "special attention" until we get through this jealousy phase. Who would of thought sibling rivalry started so young? And, I have a big hunch this is only the beginning. :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Reia hasn't come up with that one yet, but every time I tickle Reese or hang her upside down or just general sillyness, I get "mommy, do that to me!"

The Sweet Diva said...

It's hard when your not the only Princess in the house anymore! I understand. We have had our own things to deal with. The good news is, they will live and will get over it. Next they will be fighting over bathroom time!

We miss yall!