02 February 2006

Get in Shape Girl

Ever start a exercise routine to have it blown out of the water the next day. Well, lately I've been a slacker on the exercise. My eating is not out of control but it's not the greatest either. Last week I vowed to start my Power 90 again. I did my cardio and ab ripper, marked my calendar for the schedule and then bam...I get sick. How frustrating is that? I went to the doctor's on Monday to find out I have bronchitis and John (my hubby) has the flu. Not a good combination to have both parents sick with two little ones running around the house. Despite being ill I seemed to eat okay since I wasn't fixing anything big for dinner each night but I so wanted to exercise. It's seems everytime I start up I get distracted some how.

I'm usually very good about getting out and getting some exercise, whether it be running, Power 90, playing soccer, etc. Lately, I have failed at this miserably. I'm hoping and praying that next week I will be feeling better and can start again. Because right now I am feeling horrible about the way I look, my clothes don't fit, and I'm very tired. For those who know me, this is not my normal attitude. I'm just one of those gals that in order to feel good about myself I have to be active.

The bottom line is I need to get in shape girl and stop getting distracted from what's important. (Not to mention I have a 5K to run on February 25th!)

2 comments:

Addie said...

A 5K on 2/25? You go girl! I'm impressed.

Theresa said...

Tks, I'll definitely let you know if I make it. I haven't ran a 5K for about two years now. It will be an interesting post the next day. :)