19 February 2006

The germ is gone...I hope


Well, if you read my friend's blog Addie who is a SAHM as well, it will sum up my past week. I think we have finally recovered from all the illnesses flying around the Locastro household after FIVE weeks of sickies. Yes, you read that correctly! The final straw was when Claire was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis AND a double ear infection. Nonetheless, we had to give her breathing treatments every four hours with a round of antibiotics that she finishes tomorrow! (Thank goodness.) I would never wish this illness upon any child or mother for that matter. Trying to get an baby to hold still for ten minutes with a mask over her nose and face and a loud machine humming next to her infected ear was an absolute nightmare! All I can say is thank you for Dora the Explorer which got us through most of the treatments. And, despite all the craziness we were able to have a fabulous weekend getaway which I'll post about later.

All I can say tonight is...Amen to a healthy family and a new week!

2 comments:

Addie said...

Ah Yuck! Breathing treatments? Poor baby! I'm glad you guys are doing better and got to have a weekend getaway. We had to cancel a short trip we were taking this week. :-( We are now on day six of fevers. I'll be so glad when this cycles completely out of our family! I hope you all stay healthy through the rest of flu season!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I came here from Addie's blog, and I attend church with her. Just thought I'd say "Hi"!

BTW, I noticed on your profile that you like golf. I golf as well, but we don't quite have the weather year round here that you do. Have a great day!