17 October 2008

These days

Well, I got a message from a friend who was checking my blog and commented that "it was still the same". SORRY!! Life gets so crazy I don't take two seconds to jot things down. It's seems when I lived in Phoenix I had nothing going on, nothing to do and whined all the time. Now my life is going so fast I don't have time to whine!

I started playing on a soccer league this past summer after I found out I had plantar's fasciitis in my right foot. It started in Arizona but I didn't know what it was so I blew it off. Now three years later I have it so bad I can't walk. I wore a walking boot for almost four weeks. Had several cortizone shots in my heel, had custom orthoditics made and take Celebrex daily. As of today, I'm out of my boot still wearing orthodics, still taking Celebrex and getting Physical Therapy. So running has been out since my TAH (Total Abdominal Hysterectomy) in April. Now soccer is out and exercising is non-existent. At least for now...I'm just hoping to make it through the rest of the year healthy so I can start fresh next year. :-)

Recently I helped my dear friend Natalie raise over $30,000 for the Vascular Birthmarks Foundation. It is very close to my heart since her daughter has lived through the heartache and pain of one since she was born. The event was held at the Texas Motor Speedway. Considering the economy we were very successful!

Amongst all that, I've been volunteering at Sissy's school and helping with her two soccer teams. She wasn't supposed to be on two teams but it ended up that way. That's another day for another post. :-) Also, we've been busy getting Grandma Twyla settled into her new Texas home. She is such a social butterfly and already plugged in the community. We finished hanging pictures last week. Next is some curtains and then she should be all set. Let's see, Sugar and I have enjoyed hanging out since Sissy went back to school. Although she is definitely giving the "testy three's" a new meaning. Some days we go for bike rides and have play dates on the days she's not in school (Tuesday & Thursday). Bike riding and swimming are the only activities I am allowed to do and since it was a low of 43 last night swimming is out. LOL! Right now we are curled up in the bed as she has a high fever, a little vomiting and a sore throat.

Daddy is busy traveling especially to Australia! He just returned from his second trip there and he supposed to go back next month. We are hoping I get to join him this trip but it's not confirmed yet. Please say a little prayer that I get to go. DH and I haven't been on a trip together in a LONG time. I've also volunteered to take on a Girl Scout Daisy Troop. Basically, all of Sissy's 1st grade friends. As soon as my background check clears we can start, I'm so excited. I remember doing Brownies when I was little and I still remember it to this day! Sissy is SO excited I'm going to be the troop leader. And Daddy is filling in for one of the soccer coaches so she is even more excited. Good times...

That wraps it up...our school carnival is tonight. It's the biggest fundraiser of the year and I have to go back up to volunteer. Daddy is picking up the Sugar's prescriptions and then coming home to relieve me. He such a great Daddy!!

Here's til next month...okay I'll try to make it sooner, I promise! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your life sounds about like mine...nuts. Miss talking to you, but we WILL eventually catch up. Maybe next year when I am home again. =)

Anonymous said...

good to hear an update
hope your foot heals quickly.

Stacey said...

It was good to hear from you! I just figured you were as busy as the rest of us. You're such a good Mama!