17 August 2008
A busy summer
Wow, this summer has been super crazy busy. I swore before school ended last year that we would have a nice relaxing summer. I only scheduled one three day vacation to San Antonio which included Papa coming to visit for ten days and two small camps (one for each of the girls).

Well before I could blink, we added Schlitterbahn waterpark to the San Antonio trip, drove to Memphis for a week and packed and moved GT's house to Texas. Then, over the course of the next month and a half we had three different out of town guests staying with us.

Now I'm not complaining...we had a wonderful summer and enjoyed every bit of company that came our way, it just went by SO fast!

Now this weekend is Sissy's birthday and then school starts! Now that's even crazier. Sissy's starts 1st grade and we took advantage of the tax-free weekend shopping. Sugar starts a new preschool on Tuesday/Thursday that is right next door to Sissy's school, I'm so excited. Our plan is to ride bikes to school this year. We practiced once last week during school registration and it went really well. Let's just hope it's not triple digits again when school starts.

Well that's our summer it doesn't make much for an interesting post but I felt an update was in order.

Quite frankly, I think there is so much to blog about I'm getting a little overwhelmed...for example, do you know I started playing on a co-ed soccer team or that I got curtains made for our living room and surprised DH or that we may have some family actually moving to Texas VERY SOON near us or that Sissy is starting on a new soccer team next week or that Sugar is completely potty trained????

Well I guess considered yourself updated... :-)

  posted at 10:46 PM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

You sure have been busy and now I see why you feel like you have so much to blog about. Where do you find time to sleep?? ;o)

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

missing you writing here. hope you are doing good and the girls are liking school!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Name: Theresa

Location: The great state of Texas

I'm a Christ follower, wife, mama, daughter and sister. I am married to my best friend and we have two precious girls ages 6 and 4. We are happily living in Texas. I love sewing, photography, new running shoes, iced tea and never turn down Tex-Mex. I love spending time with my family, traveling, football season and most importantly, I love to laugh.

My complete profile

Twitter Updates

Sites I Cruise & Use
Ebay Shopping
Everyday with Rachel Ray
Agapeland Music
Twin Sisters
Jeweler Matthew Trent
Fellowship Church
Family Watchdog

Search This Blog

 

Previous Posts
  • Hand sculpted dog cake
  • i HEART mudrooms
  • Latest home projects
  • Twitter is taking over but Summer is still here
  • One Prayer
  • Boring bullet list
  • The power of a Mac
  • Praying...
  • In the Midst of It
  • Kids say the sweetest things, PART II

  • Blogrolls
    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Miscellaneous


    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Archives
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • July 2009
  • March 2011
  • August 2011

  • Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Photo from:
    istockphoto