15 May 2008

In the Midst of It

There are many things over the past ten years that I have been through, some of it good and some bad. One of the bigger ones thus far has occurred over the past four weeks. DH and I finally made the decision that we would finally schedule a long overdue surgery that would no longer allow us to have children. Even though most days we thought we were done, we both still had days where we caught ourselves saying, "if we got pregnant" or "if we had another baby".

Now the surgery is over, the pathology report is clear and we are blessed with our two daughters. It's been a long four weeks for hubby and the girls. We were so blessed to have MIL come and help us through this difficult time. Everyone has worked so hard to take care of me, the girls, the house, the dogs, etc. And I know a year from now we will look back and be thankful for how far we've come as a couple and a family.

So today more than ever I want to thank you hubby for being my rock. For helping me through the tough times. As I lay here in bed recovering from what is still a long road ahead, I want to say honey I love you! You've stuck by me through it all and it's been an amazing nine years. I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

That was beautiful! Happy Anniversary to both of you. Hang in there, you're gonna make it through this!!

Robin said...

Happy Anniv! You guys rock, and I'm so glad I got to see you this weekend. Next time I'll be staying with you!

Wendy said...

Happy Anniversary - hope it was a great one!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog on BooMama's blogroll...and you know that's a long blogroll. But YOURS...WOW! well, I'm reading up on yours and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rena Gunther. I have a new blog:
http://insertgracehere.wordpress.com/
Hope you come by and visit. And maybe one day, ahem, I could be added to your very looonnnggg blogroll! And about your surgery...I have three girls, and I'm sure you know this...girls are GREAT! Hope you are doing well!
Rena