25 April 2008

Kids say the sweetest things

This isn't the first time I have had major surgery, been stuck up in bed for weeks and can't do a whole lot of anything. Sissy has been a complete sweetheart. She has made me lots of cards and asks everyday when she gets home from school, "Mama are you feeling better?", Can I get you anything?" She is the most empathetic five year old I know. But this is the first time Sugar has been old enough to try and understand what is going on with mama. She knows I have stitches and they are on my tummy, but she still doesn't understand that I can't pick her up, climb the stairs to her room or the playroom or fix her meals.

Each day she asks me to do something that is not under the doctors orders. Like the other day she was sitting on my bed and she wanted to put on her ballerina dress. The problem is that all her ballerina dresses are upstairs in her bedroom. Once again I kindly told her, "remember the doctor says I can't go up the stairs". In her sweet little voice she said, "mama I'll hold your hand". My heart was melting when I had to tell her, "thank you sweetie but I still can't go".

Then she replied, "can you crawl?" :-)

5 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

What a sweet girl you have. I hope your recovery picks up.

Unknown said...

How adorable! I can certainly relate as I am recovering from my abdominal surgery right now as well. My son, just held my face and said, "Boy mom, you've got problems!". (It's my 3rd surgery in 6 months! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, what sweet little girls they are! I hope you feel better soon.

Kate

Stacey said...

What a sweetie you've got. I bet she'd get down there and crawl with you if she could! You'll just have to give her an extra big hug when you can!

Amy said...

How sweet...glad you are getting better daily!