11 February 2008

A trip to the doctor, the vet and the hospital

Tylenol...Motrin...Metcam...Tylenol...Motrin...Metcam...

These are the words I've been repeating over and over this past week. While the flu has seemed to take over the girls we are still not well after two weeks. After lots of hand sanitizing, Lysol spraying, and washing sheets and blankets I have managed not to get it yet. But, let's recheck the blog on Friday and see if this is still true! :-)

In addition to snotty noses, high fevers and coughs the dog has managed to get himself in the mix as well. Two weeks ago we found out Smokey ruptured his ACL - yes, I guess a dog can actually do that if they are getting old and overweight. Sigh.

So after the girls get their doses of fever reducers, Smoke dog gets hit dose of pain reliever/anti-inflammatory.

That about sums up our household right now...have y'all managed to escape the flu??

6 comments:

Robin said...

Glad my week hasn't been as "fun" as yours!! Hope everyone is better soon.

Stacey said...

I'm sorry everyone, including the doggie, is sick right now! I'll be praying for a healthy Mom and Dad so they can get the girls feeling better soon!

Kelley said...

Nope - I got it! Just trying not to infect the rest of my family, which is no easy feat for a hands-on mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just HATE the flu! My kids have had a nasty cold recently, but thankfully it didn't go beyond that. Definitly thankful, because I had kidney stones and the flu on top of that might just have pushed me over the edge. LOL. I hope you are all doing better.

Stacey said...

Is everyone starting to feel better now T? Thinking about you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are all feeling better now; it sounds like yuo went through a real rough patch.

Kate