04 November 2007

Fall Fun Continues

If you haven't noticed by now, we are BIG Halloween fans.

Look I'm still posting about it and it's over already! I mean who really visits two pumpkin patches, has fall pictures taken, buys nine pumpkins, builds a haunted house and dresses up themselves? We do!

Hubby and I attended a Halloween costume party and guess who we dressed up as?

I made hubby's shirt and the collar, sleeves and buttons on the front of mine. Since I couldn't find saddle shoes anywhere in my size I made my own with black felt. But of course you can't see those in the picture.

The girls dressed up as Barbie cheerleaders during our neighborhood "Monster Mile". The kids walked along the main street while folks from the HOA passed out candy. They had lots of characters like, Spiderman, Strawberry Shortcake, Elmo, Cinderella, Minnie and Mickey Mouse, etc.
Then there was our Trick or Treat night where hubby and I set up a haunted house that included two rooms and then into our garage. We had some friends dress up as scary monsters in the haunted house, LOUD scary music, multiple fog machines, and tons of strobe lights. If anyone made it all the way through the haunted house into the garage then you had to reach in a large bowl full of spider web to get your candy. Now it doesn't look that scary because the pictures were taken during the day, but trust me the neighbors are still talking about it. We had a blast!



Our neighbors were just as festive by dressing up in costumes and setting up a tent at the end of the block. They had Kool-Aid for the kids, Swamp Punch for the adults and lots of snacks, candy, and cupcakes. The cake in the picture was called Kitty Litter Cake. It really did look like kitty litter with all those tootsie rolls buried in there! :-) The last and I promise final picture for Halloween was my Blog-O-Lantern this year. Sissy wanted to carve a Minnie Mouse so that's what we did.

Phew, now it's time to get ready for Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I don't think my kids would have gone through your scary house though! We just can't get into it like that. Josh has a hard enough time walking through the stores during this time of year with all the creepy stuff!

The girls look adorable and you did a wonderful job on your pumpkin!

Wendy said...

Looks like fun! I bet your girls loved helping w/this. What fun parents they have.

Susie said...

Your costumes are cute! Great job!

Unknown said...

Man, oh, man, Theresa, this is impressive! I thought I was doing good to create a Halloween playlist in iTunes for the evening!

Stacy said...

Hey there you Halloween fan - Fall is such an amazing season and I know how beautiful in can be in your part of Texas! It sounds like life is just so abudnant for you now, and I truly couldn't be happier for you!! Loved all the pics of the pumpkin patches and fall festivals, and I think you and your hubby are a SCREAM in your Charlie Brown outfits! :)
Wishing you the best!
Your AZ buddy - Stacy

Laura said...

You and your hubby look adorable-so cute!